Preparing Your Home for Fall: A Maintenance Checklist
You already know that you have to do maintenance tasks regularly to keep your home in top shape at all times. But what do you have to do exactly? Given the challenges of the season, there are certain maintenance tasks particularly suited for fall. Let this maintenance checklist from home improvement and roofing pros Kroll Construction help you get started.
Outside the Home
Outdoor maintenance tasks have a lot to do with making sure your home is able to withstand the harshness that the colder weather will bring. Here are some of the things you should carry out:
- Check roofing gutters and downspouts.
- Inspect all weatherstripping around doors and windows.
- Schedule a roof check.
- Fix cracks in driveways or paths.
- Clean windows.
- Insulate exposed water pipes.
Inside the Home
Indoor maintenance tasks, on the other hand, are designed to ensure your comfort. You will be spending a lot of time indoors, after all, and making sure your home is in its best condition possible will guarantee you are comfortable. Here are some of the things you should do:
- Inspect fireplace for damage.
- Have your HVAC system serviced and air filters changed.
- Make sure your humidifier is working.
- Replace batteries on smoke and carbon monoxide alarms where needed.
- Create a dedicated space for storing coats and other weather gear.
- Reverse fans to operate clockwise and circulate warm air.
As expert home improvement and roofing contractors, Kroll Construction is here to help you make sure your home is prepared for the season. We understand the challenges that fall can bring and our products and services are designed to combat those, guaranteeing your home stays comfortable and energy-efficient throughout the colder months. To learn more about what we can do for you, simply give us a call at (844) 688-9632 or fill out our contact form. Ask us for a quote today! We serve Detroit and the surrounding communities.