How Our Alside® Windows Meet ENERGY STAR® Criteria
ENERGY STAR® is the trusted symbol for energy-efficient products in the home. Whenever you see the famous blue logo, you can rest assured that it’s a product of quality and energy efficiency. For a product to bear this label, it must go through a set of strict requirements as outlined by ENERGY STAR. They include:
- Products should be manufactured by an ENERGY STAR partner
- Products should be independently tested, certified, and verified by the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC), and
- Products should have NFRC ratings that meet strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Kroll Construction is your top source for a wood window replacement in Detroit, Michigan. Let us explain how our Alside® windows meet these criteria:
ENERGY STAR Partner
Alside is a certified ENERGY STAR partner. As such, their windows, which we offer, automatically bear the label. In fact, Alside windows meet the stringent 2016 ENERGY STAR criteria in all climate zones in the U.S.
The NFRC establishes test criteria that set the standard for performance ratings of doors and windows. Their primary goal is to provide accurate information on the energy performance of these products. With that in mind, we are proud to state that our Alside windows are NFRC-certified. They make a great choice for wood window replacement in Detroit, MI, since they are more durable and easier to maintain.
Alside windows boast a U-factor of less than 0.20, which is below the set limit of less than or equal to 0.27. This means better energy savings for your home. They come in different ClimaTech insulated glass packages, which are a combination of three main elements:
- ClimaTech insulated glass – To keep your home comfortable during any season
- Intercept® and ThermD™ Stainless Steel Warm-Edge Spacer Systems – To create a thermal barrier to reduce heat loss in windows
- Insulating argon gas – To increases energy efficiency and noise reduction
Our windows also come with tight seals to prevent any loss of energy. If you’re planning a Detroit, MI, wood window replacement, talk to us to discuss your options. Our insulated vinyl frames and Low- E glass packages makes our windows a far better choice for energy efficiency.
Call us today at (888) 338-6340 for a free in-home consultation and estimate on your window project.