Investing in new windows is a great way to enhance your home’s curb appeal and energy efficiency. Like most home improvement projects, a window replacement will require careful planning. One integral aspect of this endeavor is your initial consultation with your chosen contractor. Kroll Construction is here to give you three tips to prepare for your meeting with them.
1. Ask your contractor the important questions. Most of the success of your window replacement project hinges on the professional capabilities of your chosen contractor. Thus, you’ll want to work with one who has the credentials and experience. Before your initial consultation with them, make sure that you have visited their company website or looked up their profile in industry-related websites. More importantly, ask them the important questions, including the following:
- How long have you been in business?
- What type of windows do you offer?
- Do you have proof of licensing and insurance?
- May I ask for a reference list?
2. Prepare your home. If your chosen contractor provides a free in-home consultation, you can take steps to prepare your home ahead of time. Before the scheduled visit, make sure that your windows are clear of any obstruction, so that the contractor can easily access and inspect them.
3. Establish clear communication. Communication is the key to ensuring a smooth and hassle-free window replacement project. As such, you and your contractor should be on the same page right from the beginning, especially when it comes to the important details of the project like the timeline and the budget.
For your window replacement needs, turn to Kroll Construction. We specialize in the installation of the kind of replacement windows that local homeowners need to lower their energy costs and be more comfortable in their homes year-round. Call us today at (888) 338-6340 or fill out our contact form for a free in-home consultation. We serve clients in Detroit and the surrounding communities.