When hiring siding contractors, it’s best to choose local siding contractors rather than nationwide franchises. Local contractors are familiar with your local weather conditions, building regulations and more. That said, it pays to ask the right questions to know if your local contractor can deliver the results your siding project needs.
- Where Are You Located? – A contractor who lives near your home is more likely to be knowledgeable about the local building codes, weather conditions and other local factors that could affect the project. They are also more likely to speak to the city on your behalf if you encounter any permit or inspection issues.
- Can You Show Me Your Portfolio? – If you find a company with a portfolio of successful projects, you can rest assured that they know what they are talking about and will be sensitive to your project’s needs.
- Do You Have Licenses and Certification To Install Specific Manufacturer’s Products? – Local siding contractors will have undertaken manufacturer licensing and certification programs to bolster their business. Manufacturers have training and seminars to ensure their sidings have proper installation and qualify for product warranties.
- Do You Use Subcontractors? – Subcontractors are those who work for a contractor and are hired for a specific task. They are paid by the contractor and not by the property owner. The contractor should be able to provide you with the cost of their subcontractors. Material, labor and equipment costs are usually higher if the contractor uses subcontractors.
- Do You Provide Labor Warranties? – Labor warranties are important because they guarantee the contractor’s workmanship. This includes the installation of the siding, trimming and caulking. If any of these are incomplete, the labor warranty commits the contractor to remediate the work by repairing or replacing it at no cost to the homeowner.
- What Siding Materials Are You Most Proficient In? – Siding contractors have their specific siding material proficiencies that ensure they can install the project with ease, accuracy and less labor time. Asking this question allows you to gauge the possible timeline and expenses involved.
- How Do I Clean and Maintain My Siding? – Cleaning is crucial in sustaining your property’s curb appeal. Sidings have an average life span that can extend with proper cleaning and maintenance. However, you will need the help of professionals to maintain the structure and capability of your siding.
Count on Kroll Construction for all your siding replacement needs. Call us at (888) 338-6340 or fill out our contact form to get a quote from us today.