Best Material Option for Maintenance-Free Windows
How much time do you spend keeping your windows in top shape? Maintenance can be a pain, and many homeowners don’t have the time or energy to spare to mind their units.
Not all windows require demanding upkeep, though. It all depends on the material. Some need less maintenance than others. Thinking of a wood window replacement in Detroit, Michigan? Here’s a great alternative that will probably get your approval:
Vinyl frames are featured on many modern replacement units. They can easily surpass other framing materials in terms of durability. They resist rotting, warping, and cracking superbly, which makes them the ideal window choice for areas with harsh weather.
Vinyl is incredibly low-maintenance. A frame that’s made with this material is virtually scratch-free. You’ll never have to paint, scrape, or stain them after installation. If they do get dirty, you can easily clean them with soap and water. In any case, they can keep their good looks for a long time. Because they’re highly resistant to the elements, you won’t have to worry about them prematurely aging or failing.
Wood window replacement Detroit, MI, residents enjoy is outperformed by vinyl in many ways:
• Appeal: Vinyl windows come in more colors, sizes, and style options. Wood windows are definitely a classic, while vinyl can be more flexible stylewise. They can look good as traditional double-hung units or contemporary picture windows.
• Weather Resistance: Wood expands and contracts under extreme weather conditions. They can also be a source of moisture problems when water penetrates and causes them to rot. Vinyl, on the other hand, is very durable, as discussed in the previous section.
• Energy Efficiency: Insulated vinyl frames are more efficient at reducing solar heat gain. They help keep you comfortably warm in the winter and cool during the summer. This can reduce your utility spending by a significant amount.
• Upkeep: Wood can be taxing to maintain, especially if you want to keep it looking good all the time. Frequent painting, scraping, and staining can take too much time and cost more money down the line. You’re better off with a vinyl unit, which looks just as good for a fraction of the upkeep.
When it comes to vinyl replacements, no other manufacturer offers more stylish, durable, and low-maintenance options than Alside. Check out some of the vinyl units they offer:
• Sheffield® Fusion-Welded Vinyl Windows: Engineered multichamber design provides maximum style, toughness, and energy efficiency. They’re also very easy to operate.
• UltraMaxx® Fusion-Welded Vinyl Windows: Added Quad 4 weather stripping at the header and sill ensures better protection from the elements
• Mezzo® Energy-Efficient Vinyl Windows: ENERGY STAR–qualifying design minimizes heat transfer while providing optimal durability
For a complete list of Alside’s superior replacement units, get in touch with Kroll Construction. Call us at (888) 338-6340 and schedule a free consultation with one of our experts to see which window is best for your home.