In order to be prepared for the rainy season, it is important to check on every part of your home for damage or dysfunction. One part that you should put special attention to is your gutters. This is where rain water flows, and gets redirected from your home. In a place like Michigan where severe thunderstorms are not uncommon, a properly functioning gutter system is crucial.
Cleaning your gutter before the rainy season comes is a very effective way of making sure that it performs well in preparation for the rain. So here are some dos and don’ts when cleaning your gutters:
- Using a garden hose in an attempt to rinse away the accumulated debris might lead to a more complicated problem.
- Using tools that may puncture the gutters is a bad idea. One wrong slip and it could mean detriment to you, or the structural integrity of your roof.
- Make sure that you plan the work on a day with clear weather, and that you have regular inspection/ cleaning schedule for your gutters at least once a month.
- Get rid of the big debris after storms. If left untended, these could cause the accumulation of dirt, and larger problems.
- Inspect the gutter and take note of sagging parts. This may affect rainwater flow. Call reliable roofing contractors in Michigan and ask for their opinion.
One way of making sure that your gutters stay debris-free is getting gutter protection from your reliable roofing companies in Michigan like Kroll Construction.
We offer GutterCap, which is designed specifically to prevent leaves, twigs, pine needles, and other debris from clogging the trough and blocking the flow of water. It will not chip, crack, dent, or change color and it comes with a lifetime warranty. So be fully prepared this rainy season and call us at Kroll Construction.