Let’s Talk Vinyl: A Guide to the Window Replacement Option – Part II: Debunking Common Myths About Vinyl Windows

Vinyl windows have undeniably enjoyed a certain level of popularity but they remain the subject of a few concerns that prevent some homeowners from truly appreciating what they have to offer. By clarifying these concerns, debunking the myths that surround the window replacement option, we hope to enlighten you on what you can get out of getting vinyl windows.

Here are the top misconceptions about vinyl windows and the proven truths to debunk them:

1. They are not aesthetically appealing

Some find vinyl windows boring and think that they look inauthentic. Some do not see them as suitable for modern homes or are under the impression that they don’t have a lot to offer in terms of style and design. However, vinyl has come a long way, thanks to technological advancements, and now feature not just a range of colors and finishes to choose from but can also mimic the appearance of other materials to address any preference you might have. Whatever look you’re looking for, there’s sure to be a vinyl window that will complement your home.

2. They can harm the environment

Manufacturing vinyl produces a toxic substance called dioxin and the material is not biodegradable, both of which can be bad for the environment. What a lot of people don’t know is that vinyl production is responsible for no more than 1% of the total dioxin in the environment, with the other 99% coming from volcanic eruptions, chimney smoke, and other emissions not related to vinyl. Unfortunately, the material is truly not biodegradable. It is, however, recyclable, meaning old vinyl windows don’t necessarily have to head for landfills right away after a replacement.

3. They are not durable

Vinyl is lightweight, making it easy for many to assume that windows made of the material are frail, unable to withstand the elements like other materials. On the contrary, vinyl windows excellently perform under extreme temperatures and high winds and offer outstanding resistance against moisture. Available finishes also last a long time despite constant exposure to the sun.

4. They are not energy-efficient

Those who are unaware of how effective vinyl windows are in terms of weather and temperature-resistance may also think that they are energy-inefficient. The truth is, vinyl windows are insulative, keeping indoor heat in and outdoor heat out to maintain your home’s indoor environment. Opt for multi-pane glass with low-E coating and you can further improve your vinyl window’s ability to enhance energy efficiency in the home.

5. They do not add value to your home

Any improvement you make is a step towards boosting your home’s value. As vinyl windows offer a number of benefits, they make great additions to any home, improving both form and function to make your property more attractive.

Sold on getting vinyl windows? Make the most out of choosing the window replacement option by keeping in mind a few tips. Head on over to Part 3 to learn more!

Free Estimates & 0 Down! 0 Interest! 0 Payments! for 12 months!